View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Why not:

Work
- Anytime
- Day
- Night

Then you select both Anytime and Day if you're there during the day. Once perspectives are fully implemented you would just open the Work Day perspective to get this selection.

I used LifeBalance for awhile and really liked their "places", which provided groups of contexts. But it seems like perspectives is exactly that. Am I missing something (or forgetting it)?
Well your solution is pretty much the same as what I had before putting them into a hierarchy. You still have to make a multiple context selection which is what I was trying to avoid and which I still think is counterintuitive and cumbersome. It also highlights how useless nested contexts are functionality wise in OF.

I agree that Perspectives seems to be the way they are trying to solve this but right now the interface for them is kinda lame. It also adds another layer of categorization (a set of work contexts and a set of work perspectives) but I guess I can get used to that.

I'm glad to hear that someone else at least appreciates the LifeBalance Places concept.

Last edited by whalt; 2007-07-03 at 12:13 PM..