View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
You missed the point. But I'm sure I've missed quite a few points...

I would not want to put a task in a me context or an intern context. It's like working out of the inbox... One massive group of tasks to complete.

I guess following your example I could create subcontexts for me & intern...

Me
-computer
-email
-calls...

wait... what am I doing? It's like I'm typing for no reason because you are not going to see what I am talking about...

never mind... it's not worth the effort.
Yes, I think we are talking past each other here. I'm trying to discuss a general concept that I would like Omni to consider and you seem annoyed that I'm not interested in discussing your particular situation right down to the exact context names you want to use. I'm not saying that Me, Intern, and Either are realistic categories just an abstract simplification to match one of your given examples.

I think I've shown that the feature you derided is indeed more capable than you gave it credit for, certainly more so than OF's current implementation. Whether you would like to see it in OF is another matter. I, for one, would and perhaps others might as well that's why I brought it up and continue to defend it. If it's implemented in a fashion that looks more like tagging (which fundamentally it's very similar to) then that's fine as long as the flavor of concrete contexts are kept and some of the pitfalls that many tagging implementations have fallen into are avoided.

Well I think I've stated my case plainly enough and like I said I'm not trying to gin up a flame war. I'm happy to agree to disagree on this point and I will try to read your future posts on this and other matters with fresh eyes.

Last edited by whalt; 2007-07-05 at 05:47 AM..