View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan
I want to be able to put (for example) something in @Calls (where in true GTD fasdhion I list all my calls) but also in @LosAngeles so I can see the call as part of the actions I need to complete in Los Angeles
Hi Ethan,

I had a similar need as I was getting to know getting things done. I had a "calls" context for "personal" and one for "work". OmniFocus will actually accommodate this, depending on how you want to see them. You can either have

@Calls
--@Los Angeles
--@Boston
--@New York

which, if you select "@Calls" will show you *all* the calls you need to make, and if you choose @Los Angeles will show you *only* the calls you can make while in LA.

Or you can have

@Los Angeles
--@Calls
--@Errands

which lets you see everything you need to do in LA, or only the calls you need make while in LA.

Here's what I do now, though. Instead of using Contexts for this, I use folders. I'd have an LA folder which contained all my projects I can only do while in LA. When I want to see what can I/do I need to do in LA, I double-click the LA folder (or choose View > Focus on selected project), and voila! my list of actions is instantly limited.

I now have a single Calls context, and if I'm at work, I simply double-click my Work folder and there are my calls for work, unpolluted with my personal calls.