View Single Post
I'm jumping in late, but....

I guess my concern is this: If the beauty of GTD is getting stuff *out* of my head so that I can focus on what I need to do, then "how important these various things are" is something that I shouldn't hold in my head.

Otherwise, what happens is this: I look at a list of things I have to do, and I think, "Oh, I have to figure out what to do now, and I'm not sure, and I can't decide, and I kind of am not sure I want to do that one, but I really ought to, and maybe this other one is more important, and... oh, look, a bird!"

Deferring the decision as to what to do is, in some ways, deferring a very important and potentially anxiety-provoking decision to a time when it is maximally likely to derail me.

I would like a little more granularity than "flagged or not," and a little less than "an arbitrary number of decimal places." 1-5 is plenty. Just trying to get a sense of the difference between "this would be kind of nice sometime" and "this needs to be done ASAP or something awful is going to happen."

-- Aimee