View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmace View Post
Could set your contexts up as, for example:

@Home - High
@Home - Medium
@Home - Low

Or am I missing something here?
Not quite what I meant. Let's say I examine all of my high priority tasks and discover that most of them are related to a certain kind of work. Well, then I've found a subcontext of @Work. I can stop using the priority for that and just use the subcontext instead to narrow down my task list when I'm working on those kinds of projects.

A personal example that won't apply to everyone: I'm studying industrial design right now and I have a context set up called @Campus. When I'm on campus, this is the list of things I need to be concerned with. This list started to get really large and unwieldy so I took a good look at it and realized that a large number of those tasks all had one thing in common, I needed to be in a lab or shop of some kind to complete them. So I created a sub-context called @Campus:labtime where I put all of those tasks.

I have, in my calendar, the lab schedule for department so I know when the wood shop is open or when I can get in a welding booth. When I'm on campus during those times, I look at the "labtime" list rather than the campus list.

It's possible, that when looking at your high and low priority tasks, you'll discover that the high priority tasks have something in common with each other beyond just priority. That something is your new context.