View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady View Post
Only things aren't showing up in their proper lists, and that's a problem with processing. Things are skipping the Inbox by default. Things without a context can leave the inbox, even though lacking a context indicates they haven't really been processed. Things without a project not appearing in your list, and not being able to be processed!
This is interesting. I wonder what the official take is on these points?

Things skipping the inbox is easy to change, isn't it? I set my quick entries to go to the Inbox even if they have a project and a context, and now everything shows up there until I say they should leave (I click "clean"). I think this should be the default behaviour, but at least it's settable.

Things without context can leave the inbox: I think it's not just leaving the inbox that matters. If things without a context are by definition unprocessed, then if you set the context to nothing, the item should go back to the inbox.
I'm currently abusing the system by using context-less items as a someday/maybe category. If they change it so that contextless things are in the inbox, I would change my workflow. It would probably be an improvement.

Things without a project are invisible: I'd rather the singleton actions did not require the bucket projects, but I also need a way to put singleton actions in folders. So unless they switch to labels instead of folders, I think this is the best I can do.

The fact that context-less actions can be considered processed might be necessary for the "as complicated or simple as you need it to be" ethos. Should people who want a simple program be forced to assign contexts? I know some people are in favour of forcing users of the program into GTD, but I like the invisible scaling, as long as it's possible to do GTD (as GeekLady said above).