View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady View Post
I find them silly because they are implicit. It would be like making a repeating task for brushing my teeth every morning. Setting that up in OF would be 2 minutes of my life I could never get back. Yeesh.
I think David Allen has this covered in the section of GTD where he discusses the fact that you need more control and reminders in areas of your life that have just changed, i.e. where the habits you want to be in place aren't yet. He uses the example of a change in business structure, but it's just as applicable to other areas of life. In that model you certainly wouldn't need a "personal hygiene" checklist/project as the habits are already ingrained (hopefully!).

For me it's more the intermittent single tasks (like checking my reading list of journals for new articles each month, watering plants every week or so, cleaning the filter on our pond) that I need reminding of. I have to admit that I tend to use all-day events in iCal as ticklers for a lot of this stuff, then either do the action that day or create a single action in OF for the task as appropriate. I don't really use repeating tasks in OF at all, which I suspect is a leftover habit from when I used Outlook (and then iCal on its own, shudder) for my GTD implementation.

I'd be interested to know how other people are using OF and iCal (or the calendar app of their choice) in combination in their workflow.