View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
"the Religion of GTD permits only one next action per project, regardless of the sequential or parallel setting."

It seems that people new to OF will continue to be confused as to why all items in a parallel project aren't "Next" (like the behavior seen for single action lists/Buckets)

-P
As you say, as a new user, I was confused as to why parallel items are not considered next actions. Then I learned how "Available" worked.

Still, for clarity purposes, I think "next" should mean next, and that parallel items should show up when someone chooses "Next Actions". Let's match the meaning of a word with the actual function of a selection!

I do appreciate having the two choices, just not the names chosen for them.

How would I use what is now called "Next Actions" ... Well, I could see that if I wanted some extra focus, to eliminate clutter and narrow down tasks, there are times when I may want to choose one task to keep a project moving. It's kind of like a narrowing of "Next Action" to "Which Next Action" for a project.

It's common sense, for a parallel project, that "Next Action" should select all of the parallel items.