View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik View Post
If I'm looking forward to a holiday and have things to remember to do regarding that holiday, I'll set up a Home: Thanksgiving Prep contexts to filter out those actions. (Yes, I had MULTIPLE Thanksgiving projects, so the context made sense to me as a means to focus)
Interesting. Why not a Thanksgiving Prep project you could focus on? As I've described it, context is about "the circumstances needed to get the action done", project is about "the goal/state/mindset you're trying to reach".

But a "Thanksgiving Prep" context definitely breaks the idea of contexts being about what's necessary to do the action—I'd assume that some of the prep work would require a car (shopping), some would require being in the kitchen (prep those veggies), etc. Wouldn't you need to remember "whenever I click my Errands context, also Cmd-click my Home:Thanksgiving Prep context, just in case I have some shopping?" (Or, of course, set up a perspective to do the same.)

Not criticizing, just trying to understand why it's a context. Maybe we just have different ways of looking at things.