View Single Post
On projects in general: When I'm doing my review, I often can't think of how to work through a project at all. So, I zero down to a next action. Yes, just one, because then I don't have to stress out about how to get from A-Z, I can just do A and get back to it later to find B. If projects auto-completed, this would kill me. I (almost) never completely sketch out projects in OF. Too hard. If I need a detailed project plan and work breakdown, that's something for MS Project (and I'm sorry we don't use OmniPlan at work -- grr) or a gigantic Word document.

Regarding archiving: Having a simple list (searchable?) like a journal of everything I've done would be fantastic. The ability to turn things back into tasks/projects would be neat, but not necessary, in my mind. In Entourage, I used to just turn projects into notes with a timestamp and the date the project was completed. (I didn't even record individual tasks -- although I did at first) It was a great thing to have when it came time for annual reviews, etc.