View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We've already sold over 17,000 copies of OmniFocus, which suggests that the market in general doesn't feel that it's an overpriced product. (OmniFocus sells more copies each week than any of our other products do.)

While the fundamentals of OmniFocus are quite simple (capture, plan, and act), it takes a lot of work to get all the details right: our team worked on version 1.0 for 18 months. Also, your purchase doesn't stop with what we've already delivered: we've already planned out versions 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.1, and 1.2—all of which will be free updates for anyone who has purchased 1.0.

So, to those of you who feel it's too expensive now: sorry, unless it's free there will always be some people out there who think it's too expensive. I think if you really weigh the benefits of OmniFocus you'll find it's well worth the investment. (If you were to pay for it in installments over the course of a year, it would cost just $6.67 per month!)

And to the 17,000+ of you who've already purchased OmniFocus: thank you!
I'm not going to lie and act like I wouldn't rather pay less for a piece of software. However, I do see the value in Omni software. I own OmniGraffle Pro, OmniOutliner Pro, OmniDazzle, and after testing OmniFocus I'm sure I'll purchase it as well.

Having said that I will point out that personally, based on my past experience with the quality of Omni software, I do feel that OmniFocus doesn't feel quite finished to me. I really do appreciate the 18 months that you've spent working on it and I appreciate that you are currently working on quashing bugs and will release free update. However, when you are asking people to pay $80 for a piece of software the bugs that are remaining shouldn't be quite as glaring. I understand if there are bugs that aren't found until after you get it in the hands of 17,000 users but the obvious ones should be fixed before the 1.0 release. People should not be asked to pay $80 to perform QA on software.

Keep up the hard work. I'm looking forward to a more polished OmniFocus because after just a couple of days I do feel it will be very useful to me.