View Single Post
aaaah....what a stressfull day.
OmniFocus started duplicating everything i have....that sync services shit kept popping up..
I deleted every task from iCal, went through all my OF stuff, and reprocessed everything...deleting what was duplicated, removed sync history and tried syncing again.
Still same problem. Then i realised i have "Hide task outside calendar view" checked so i wasn't selecting all tasks when i was syncing them and that caused problems again. So i had to delete everything again...

Now i'm wondering. Is there a hidden feature that would tell OF to be the master of the syncing everytime? I have that feature when i sync with my palm in "The missing sync". I simply check "iCal overwrites handheld device everytime".

Now i would like that for OF, but in different direction, so that OF would overwrite iCal everytime. Could that be done?
I'm syncing to iCal just so i can then sync to palm, and i do a daily review by the end of the day on my mac in OF where i check off everything i've done today - to minimize the stress syncing causes me. No matter which app...something always goes wrong, and this is just the most reliable way.

If there is a console command with a switch (like the one that enables nightly builds) that enables that i would be a very happy man.