View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Does this achieve what you're looking for?
I guess I'm not clear on what you're proposing. What exactly would you like OmniFocus to do? Some kind of connection between OmniFocus and OmniPlan has been requested elsewhere on these forums and Omni Group has stated that it's something they're considering for a future release.
Just being able to set anything as next action(s) for a project would make sense. Most projects have a jumble of sequential and parallel actions, and artificially having to set up groups to distinguish these makes no sense to me. I suppose this is contrary to the GTD model but so be it. It's not like OF follows GTD exactly.

I think if one simply looks at OP and OF, it is pretty clear these are two different models for doing the same thing; getting things done. Convergence makes a lot of sense, in part because both models have something to offer. Of course I think there is an argument for convergence or at least interrelationship, between most of the Omni apps. Shouldn't Graffle be able to simply represent an Outline, and then a change in the Graffle file get reflected back to the Outline file? Or shouldn't it really be just one app?

App convergence and cooperation is the future.

Last edited by dancingbrook; 2008-04-09 at 04:54 PM..