View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpel View Post
Hi,
after reading all previous messages about embeding files and links, etc, I wonder how stable the database file is : 1) how much is the upper limit - 1a) is there any?, 2) crashing of this file means loosing attachments? - 2a) is it possible to crash?.
By default, OmniFocus stores a reference to the attached file (indicated by the curved arrow cursor that appears while hovering a dragged file over the notes field). The file itself remains in its original location. With this method, your database size increase is negligible.

You can copy the file itself into the database by holding the Option key while dragging a file icon into the notes field (indicated by a green bubble cursor with a plus sign on it).

As for an upper limit or the possibility of a crash causing file corruption in attachments, someone from Omni Group would know best. But I don't think you have much to worry about, especially if you use the default method of just linking files in rather than copying them to the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpel View Post
And finally (I don't know if it is answered anywhere else), speed of OF and exporting back the files to disk in order to use, email, print (could OF manage those actions?)
If the files are only linked in, then there's no need to export. You can just use the files as you always have.