View Single Post
Quote:
If you select File -> Rebuild Database, we'll collapse all those transactions down into one big 'State-of-the-Database' file, which will be faster to send over to the other machine.
Would it be okay to rebuild the database every week, when I do my weekly back up? Or is rebuilding something which should only be done infrequently for very specific database maintenance reasons?

Quote:
I can't explain why the files didn't back up, though. That would seem to be a problem with the file sync application.

Or are you saying that the bundle was empty on the machine you were transferring the file away from, before you synched?

If that's the case, the bundle shouldn't have been completely empty; there should be a single XML file inside.
No, the bundle on my computer wasn't empty, at least I don't think it could have been since its my active .ofocus bundle I use everyday. But on the backup server, the file is 0KB (zero) in size and when I show package contents it is totally empty. I know when FileSync is running I see a LONG list of files being copied over (and I know they are .ofocus bundle files because they have the same names). But nothing is actually copied to the bundle. Another backup of the .ofocus file I zipped first was fine upon copying back to my computer and unzipping.

The only thing I can think of is the server I am backing up to is a Windows (or at least a non-Mac) server. I have to use a "SMB://" file path name to access it. Could this be a problem?

Whatever may be going on, I am going to make sure I zip up my .ofocus bundle before I back up as well as make a ".taskpaper" back up to in order to be doubly sure!

Eric