View Single Post
A few hours ago I successfully (or so it seemed) downloaded 1.1 and my new reconfigured document opened. I made some changes, completed some tasks, etc.. then shut down my computer. Now that I am back on my computer a few hours later, I can't seem to find the new document. I can't open the OF icon that appears on my doc and the following message appears:

"Unable to read document
No root transactions found in '/Users/jt/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus'. "

A search of my computer renders two OF folders in my Applications folder and trying to open those also seems to cause this same message.

Thus I don't seem to be able to open the new 1.1 document or the old pre 1.1 document.

How do I find and get to open one of the documents - preferably the 1.1 so I can set up syncing - but at this point I'd like to access my actions even in the old format!

Edit: Now a second OF folder has opened in my dock called OmniFocus 77.1.4.0.98233 - I get the same above message when I try to open that too.

I also finally managed to open an old OF from my "Recent Documents" and it seems to be my most recent file, prior to the 1.1 file created earlier today - however it seems to be OF 1.02 although I had downloaded 1.03 a few weeks ago when that became available. I am wondering if I never properly installed 1.03 either and have been still using 1.02 all this time - although I thought changes / improvements came when I downloaded 1.03 .

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Last edited by jt32; 2008-07-12 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: To add more information