View Single Post
man. disaster - v2.0.

so today i figure, maybe it's the third party (my office computer) that's screwing things up. i'll just setup my tasks at home, sync, let the iPhone pick them up, and do all modifications during the day on the iPhone. that'll be simple. and when i get home, my laptop OF will pick up the changes and everything will be groovy.

NOT.

get home, start up OF. doesn't look synced, but i figure what the hey, maybe it will take a little while. get a prompt to reload database to incorporate changes (something like that - sorry i wasn't taking notes). database reloads, and, while some additions seem to have shown up...

a number (maybe all) of the rescheduling changes that I made on the iphone today are lost! and, items i've checked off as completed during the day are unchecked!

this is why i'm getting what appears to be no sync at first glance. it's more complicated than that - added actions seem to be coming over but changes are not (?).

the bad part is: the screw ups are almost immediately propagated back to the iPhone.

ha! joke's on me. and here i was in a good mood, what with all my accomplishments...

----- how about some suggestions!
* sync needs transparency and record keeping on all platforms (so that user can see - sync'd version on home computer is xyz, sync'd version on iphone is uvw, sync'd version available on iDisk are xyz, uvw, pqr).
* sync needs recovery on all platforms (so that iphone data can be recovered)
* sync needs some kind of statement - 'this will be changed, this will be deleted, these changes were made on iPhone, these made on 'office''

Last edited by chidmf; 2008-07-16 at 03:49 PM..