View Single Post
Hey matt - thanks for joining the conversation! I enjoyed your links and commented as relevant - i really applaud you for getting on the accountability partner bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell View Post
> I can vouch for the language of "accomplishment"

For me this *really* got in the way of adopting the work.
hmm...you'll have to expand on this more a bit. I just finished David Allen's "Ready for Anything" and just checked out his Advanced Workflow template. I was really glad to see he makes specific mention of "Describe in past tense" and I can't find the specific chapter now but was really happy he has since adopted the language of accomplishments since I took his workshop in 2003! (either that or I wasn't paying attention :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell View Post
(Sidebar: I *tried* to adopt OF - really hard, in fact. But I simply couldn't wrap my head around it. Yes, I gave it time, but it wasn't a good mental fit. This is ironic since I teach this stuff. Very cool tool, though. I have clients who are really productivity with it.)
Let me know how we can help - I think I've got a good mix of GTD, MC, and some of the communication curriculum principles in my OF implementation. Futher down the line, I look forward in incorporating the Franklin-Covey compass idea (ie. roles) other community members seem to have success with!