View Single Post
I admit that I have not used FileMagnet, so I don't know how it performs in actual use.

However, it does describe it's connection as using Bonjour, which would lead me to believe it wouldn't require any setup beyond the initial pairing and ensuring that both the iPhone and Mac were on the same network.

I imagine that this could be setup to operate very much like iSync does, with either a manual initiation or automated through any sort of scripting desired (I used to have my W810i sync every day at midnight).

This setup would actually work quite a bit easier (or cheaper) than the current options for laptop users as well as desktop users. Perhaps I am unusual, but I tend to only use 2 networks a day (home/office), carrying my laptop between the two, and I think this would be easier for me than the alternative.

On a separate notion, would it be extravagantly expensive for Omni to provide a sync server on their end? I honestly have no idea, but I wouldn't think that this would require all that much bandwidth or storage at all. We have all paid $100 for this task management set up and I have to say that is quite a bit of money for something that is not very "streamlined" at present. The only option for most people to have a simple, reliable sync as things stand is to shell out an additional $100 a year for MobileMe, which is starting to look like a very expensive setup for tracking my todos.

Last edited by hakstooy; 2008-07-22 at 10:24 AM..