View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I ran into this problem today. I just started using OF and needed to schedule an insect spray project for my lawn here in Florida. I want to spray that lawn in June, July, August, September, December, and March. There is no way that can be done on OF that I can see. I also need to trim the palm trees the day after Thanksgiving. That can't be done on a yearly repeating basis either. So it would be nice to have several schedules available within one action or project.
You want this to recur every year, right? Refactor the schedule a bit; think of it as a handful of similar, possibly identical, things that happen yearly, not one thing that happens on an arbitrary schedule.

Make your project for June's spraying. Select the whole thing, copy it, and paste additional copies into your document for July, August, September, December, and March. Set the start dates for each one. Set the repeat interval to 1 year on each one. You won't see these "extra" projects unless you're viewing pending or remaining instead of active. Note that this setup allows you to customize each month in a fashion that wouldn't be very practical if it was the same project repeating for each month.

For the "day after Thanksgiving" task, put in a task every Nov. 1 to fix the start date for your "day after Thanksgiving" project for that year. Let the program help you help it do the things it can't do yet!

Having experimented with both, I find I get better results from repeating projects than from endlessly repeating actions in projects.

I would make use of a richer set of scheduling choices if it existed, but I don't have enough need to bump it very high on my personal priority list, nor a well-defined vision of what really needs to be added.