View Single Post
Quote:
Black actually works fine, just click on the color palette and select black.
It doesn't always work. I tested it last night before I added it to my post. If I have a style and I give it a color of Black, applying that style on top of another style that was not Black, the text remains the original color.
Quote:
Now you've mentioned that you can't command-drag apply styles using other methods. I'll make sure that's address.
Testing for the 'command' modifier key when applying a named style would be nice.
Quote:
Is there something else wrong with this implementation though?
Applying a style attribute from the Ruler's Styles popup menu should not revert all other manually applied style attributes back to those of the last named style applied.

Also, is there a reason the mini icons for the named styles in the Ruler's Styles popup menu are upside down?
Quote:
If you don't want the same style as the base for that level, applying the style to "All level xx rows" is obviously the wrong place to do it. You should highlight all the applicable rows and apply the style to that level of the hierarchy.
There are plenty of times I want some text within a row/section to have a different base from the other text in that row/section.
Quote:
What I want to know is there anything else that's a problem. I need specifics as to what you think is "broken" as the issues you face aren't the same as mine.
It would be nice if the style attributes 'checked' in the Font submenu of the Action menu in the toolbar were in sync with the actual settings in the Inspector. It's not always the case, especially if you have made changes via the Ruler.

Or if the 'Clear Style' from the contextual menu always cleared all styles. If you apply multiple styles, there are times that it doesn't clear everything. I'm not sure if this is caused by applying a style from the Ruler or the Utility Drawer, but it happens.

James B