View Single Post
MacBerry, it sounds like you just need to define your system better and as others have pointed out, one you have done that your need to have your hand held, will diminish.

Here is what I do, take what you need from it.

Inboxes: Physical, OmniFocus, Email, Email Flagged, Evernote, iPhone Notes

Everything can go into one of those buckets and during my weekly review (in OmniFocus as a re-occuring weekly project) I have a task for each one of those "Clear out inbox. Clear out flagged email folder. Clear out iPhone notes. Review Evernote". So in that way, OmniFocus is holding my hand, telling me what to do for each part of my weekly review.

I also have tasks in my Weekly Review for "Review previous calendar." and "Review upcomming calendar." I don't need the application to actually BRING me to the calendar, just a reminder to do it. Again, let the app be the hub, but let each individual application do its thing (like iCal).

I don't review bookmarks as part of my weekly review. They are not storage devices. If I want to send a bookmark into my GTD queue I use ToodleDo and send it to my OF Inbox.

I also don't review "files". That is like reviewing "My world" too big. If anything needs review I will put a task in there.

Here is my Weekly Review in OmniFocus today:

- Sync with Toodledo @ OmniFocus
- Get OmniFocus inbox to zero @ OmniFocus
- Get mail inbox to zero @ Email
- Empty flagged email folder @ Email
- Get desk inbox to zero @ Home
- Empty iPhone notes @ Mac
- Review Evernote @ Mac
- Review past calendar @ Mac
- Review upcoming calendar @ Mac
- Reviwe pending projects @ OmniFocus
- Review on hold projects @ OmniFocus
- Review waiting for list @ OmniFocus
- Review agendas @ OmniFocus
- Review SalesForce oppurtunities @ SalesForce
- Review all project folders @ OmniFocus
- Flag must dos for next week @ OmniFocus

After that I am pretty much done. The flagged email folder is just a Smart Folder of flagged emails which I flag while processing my email during the week.

Anyway, that is my way.

BZ