View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
My question to them, but I'll ask it here too...what is supposed to happen with the OmniFocus.ofocus file? Is it supposed to generate one of the 4k zip files with each sync? with each change? I was down to a handful of files when it was down to 260k this morning but it's back over 300 of them this afternoon...and I was gone most of the day. The powerbook was shut down. There is only the one, proper sync client (the powerbook). There was another one a few days ago and based on something I read on the forum I deleted the old one. But there's only been the one, proper one since all the trouble started with the syncing yesterday.
Yes, you do get another one of those zip files whenever something changes. I haven't looked carefully enough to say with certainty whether you get one for each and every change or if it ever bundles things that changed since the last zip file was written out. I do know that all of the "past history" which has been synced by all the clients is mashed together into one big file. The file format is relatively easy to read if you want to copy one of those new zip files to your desktop. Just double-click to unzip, and then open the contents.xml file produced with TextEdit or BBedit and have a look. You should at least be able to see what changed.