View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The default user font in Cocoa is Helvetica 12, so the widget on the right is showing the modified version of that font.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Ken.

But I contend that the preferences UI is still a bit confusing in this regard. Perhaps there's some way the preference pane can indicate that no typeface has been chosen and that it will inherit from its parent and only use the Mac OS X default if there's nothing to inherit.

Right now, the preference pane suggests (at least to me) that the Mac OS X default of Helvetica 12 will be displayed. When, in reality, it seems to be inheriting Helvetica 13 from its "Action" parent.

Quote:
We thought this was fixed, too—but if you know of a new way to encounter this problem, please let us know!
Hmm, I thought I had seen this happen last night, but I'm now unable to reproduce it. Perhaps I was mistaken. Well, I'll keep an eye on it and report any strange behavior I encounter. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
But it's certainly not too late to look at them for 1.5.1 (which we've already started on).
Sounds good. I'm already looking forward to the next, next release. :-)

-Dennis