View Single Post
Curt thanks for the script.

The way I had been handling all of this is just to add "WF - persons name" to the beginning of the task, and changing the context to Waiting For. If I am in context view I just drag and drop it to the menu on the left. If I'm in project view I just click on the context from the drop down menu in the task. It is a fast process.

In addition, I use textpander. I have created a short cut for the letters "msg" that automatically types out "Left message (and the date and time)". The date and time are set up with strings within the program so you customize it to your liking. I also have a snippet for the letters "eml" that automatically types out "Emailed (and the date and time)" This is awesome for follow up. For instance, it allows you to very quickly run through your @calls list and update your tasks with precise information. Some of these tasks have several "msg" snippets in them which allows me to instantly see the history of that task. I can then call again and say "Hey there, I left you a message about this topic on the following dates and still have not heard from you" works wonders for pushing projects forward, and keeps a nice record for reporting to the boss on one's progress.

Turning a task into a "waiting for" is almost as satisfying as checking it off.