View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I don't understand what it would mean to make it an event.

If I have three things due today (a two-minute phone call, a three-week project, and writing an email message), what sort of events would I create for them? What time would these events start and end?

OmniFocus isn't intended to schedule your time, it's intended to help you track what you want to get done. You can then look at what you want to get done and schedule your time using another tool (whether that tool is as simple as a calendar, or as complicated as a Gantt chart), but OmniFocus doesn't have enough information to make those scheduling decisions for you.
johnwd3- To me OF is missing the ability to REMIND me of the key thing I said I was going to do next week at 11am on Thursday morning.
Yes the list is great - but without the reminder/alarm ability to catch my attention - I may be buried and just forgotten it.
OF can post the TO DO in iCal but then I have to open iCal after syncing and find it and then two steps to set the alarm. Too unwieldy! Should be able to chose to set a reminder when I create it.
PLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE! Other than that I love OF.