View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
In any case, in some future version of the app, we may add more items to the home screen, or make it customizable; folks that would like to see stuff added there should send email to the support ninjas so we can record that feedback.
Some more " pre-rolled perspectives" might be nice. In the Settings window perhaps a user could just select which pre-rolled Perspectives appear on the home screen. Next Actions would be a pre-rolled perspective.

The Next Actions perspective on iPhone might have, at the top, a Projects bar, a Context bar, and then a complete listing of Next Actions.

Why you ask? Well, this way, one could set the Settings of Context to be Available. That way, when selecting the Context bar from the Home screen, the total available set of Actions shows up per Context. If a user is interested in seeing just Next Actions, then they might access the Next Actions through the Next Actions perspective bar. Then the user could view via Project, Context, or "Full Next Action List". This would allow me to essentially "bind" my Available Actions view to the Nearby View, and still have a Next Action view.

Possible confusion however, when someone is viewing an Action after selecting the Context bar, won't there be a moment at some point where they ask "Hmm, how did I get to this particular Context view 'cause I'm seeing Available Actions instead of Next Actions - is that because of how I got here or because of my Settings?" Similar confusion happens all the time in the desktop version of OF when setting views.

Maybe I just need to learn to modify my Context Settings before I ask OF to show me something? ;-)