View Single Post
I love Omni Outliner, I just want to say that before I start complaining. If I didn't love this program I wouldn't bother to suggest improvements.

I use it for writing, and I write a lot. I have noticed over the last few months that it has been getting slower. there have even been a few time when it would lock up. I figured the file was getting too big so I cut it in half, I put half into one omni file and kept the first half in the original. That helped a lot but I am still having trouble. Little things that it should be able to do are hard for it.

For example, just this morning something happened that annoyed me and inspired me to post here. I copied some text from MS Word into OmniOutliner, then I highlighted the text and hit shift-apple-+ 3 times to increase it's size, I do this all the time with no problem, but today it froze up, I had to restart and I lost everything I had written up to that point.

Any suggestions on how to run Omni Outliner more efficiently, so it doesn't have to think so hard when I need it to do something simple?

Another thing that Omni does that drives me bonkers is making things underlined or bold when I did not want them to be. Like if I hit return and tab to make a sub menu, suddenly its underlined, or bold. I haven't found any pattern to it, I can't predict when it will happen, it just does. How do I make it stop doing that?