View Single Post
Sometimes I get confused by the icon design in OmniFocus. For example, the icon for a "folder" makes sense to me because it actually looks like a folder, whereas the icon for a "Single-Action List" confuses me because it doesn't look like a list. Something about the "box" icon doesn't make sense to me when I see it.

Similarly, if I happen to have a loose action at the root level of the library, it has the same icon as a project, so I can't tell them apart. I know that technically a single action appears to be, and is, a project, until it becomes a child of an existing project or an existing single-action list, but sometimes when I'm reorganizing I move actions to the top level of the library as I am thinking about where to move them. I'm wondering if if would be helpful for actions to have a checkbox icon in the sidebar, just like they do when they are in a project or single-action list. It might even eliminate the need for even having some single-action lists, because the single action would be just what it is, a single action, treated at the same level as a project.

Not sure if this makes sense to anyone else, but just a thought I had.