View Single Post
I've started a process like wilsonng (who is using OG), only I'm using Single Action Lists to represent each of the levels of horizon, AKA Perspectives (in MIAW). I'm using the notes of the those containers for my text. I think the main thing is to review those perspectives at intervals appropriate to your needs. I've set review intervals suggested in MIAW as baselines, but of course dive into any of those whenever I feel the need. I also use mind mapping, which I've found to be useful, and while there is some overlap in my mind map and perspectives, it hasn't bothered me; in fact it gives me new angles.

I'm certainly no master at the use of perspectives, but I think a key is to review and update them, and that will help with your action, etc., planning.

In terms of the long lists swimming before your eyes and having a numbing effect, setting varying review intervals for your projects is very useful. I.e., set a review interval of a week, month, 3 months, or a year for projects depending on their need. That will reduce the volume you review during your weekly review. I've found that when I run my review perspective, that just by looking at a project, I can often say to myself: 'I'm good with that for now', without even looking at the actions, and then press cmd-shift-R to mark it as reviewed. Next! The single-action lists are a bit more tricky, because each action has its own meaning.

Good luck.

Bob