View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tah View Post
It is not reasonable to separately enter due dates into iCal and omnifocus, and then deal with changing it in both places when they change.
We would agree that it's not reasonable to enter the information into both places, and that's not what we recommend. Double-entry is just needless duplication. In our opinion, you should enter an action on your calendar or in OmniFocus; not both. Each tool can help you organize a certain type of task better than the other.

Hard landscape items go on the calendar, with the fuzzier, less-well-defined stuff sitting in OmniFocus to pull from as you're able. Check your calendar, and if it doesn't have anything for you, check OmniFocus. Splitting the info is counter-intuitive, but it really is more effective.

On a typical day, OmniFocus tells that I have anywhere from 10-20 actions due today. I really, really don't want those on my calendar. If they were, they would be piled up so deep that I'd never see which meetings or other events I needed to be at.

I sympathize to a degree with the folks that have a desire for all their information in one place; it's comforting, like chocolate and peanut butter. However, the reality - and we've looked at it a lot - is more of a floor-wax-and-dessert-topping kind of situation. You can do it, but it doesn't work out as well as you'd hope.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-02-17 at 02:06 AM..