Thread: The Hit List
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
I've just started playing with The Hit List a few days ago, and I find the interface rather appealing.
Maybe I need to try THL firsthand, but after seeing the screenshots I can't help but feel turned-off immediately. I simply don't like apps that try to recreate the look and feel of real-world objects in cyberspace; I think they're invariably doomed to be awkward, uncomfortable reproductions that don't truly match real-world behavior but also feel out-of-place in a virtual world.

This is particularly true with audio production software, where apps and plugins are often designed to look like real-world studio equipment. IMHO, it makes for a poor user experience. I'm fine with folder and document icons emulating their real-world counterparts on the desktop, but an entire app interface is stretching the metaphor too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
It (along with Things) generally feels like a native Mac OS X app; OmniFocus generally feels like a pre-Mac OS X app brought forward.
I'm surprised to hear this. I can't think of anything in OmniFocus' UI that feels particularly "old school." Can you bee more specific about what it is that gives you this impression?

-Dennis