View Single Post
The feedback you get is probably only a portion of the user base. Also, it does not include the potential market that innovative features might bring to OmniFu.

Don't forget that many people don't like and won't use this product for whatever reasons (primarily the complexity/UI). Repetition is a key feature that is often requested and none of the task management applications do it very well. Absolutely nobody does fuzzy tracking. It offers a competitive advantage.

The iPhone app is nice, but the key driver should be the desktop app. With competitors out there stealing mindshare at every opportunity, it's critical that Omni continue to differentiate itself and justify the premium. (Sync was absolutely huge in that respect.) Feature parity with the desktop is definitely a worthy goal, but nobody on the outside is probably going to notice.

Design by committee does not produce excellence. Creativity, vision, knowledge, and dedication do. Far too often I see Omni being almost dictated to by some of the more vocal OmniFu zealots and I don't think that's a good thing. Design what you think will do well. Listen to feedback, but at the end of the day use those in house talents that have made Omni so successful in the first place.

:-)

BTW - I congratulate all of you on a job well done with this app! Please don't take my comments as negative. They are not meant that way.