View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhogan View Post
Design by committee does not produce excellence. Creativity, vision, knowledge, and dedication do. Far too often I see Omni being almost dictated to by some of the more vocal OmniFu zealots and I don't think that's a good thing. Design what you think will do well. Listen to feedback, but at the end of the day use those in house talents that have made Omni so successful in the first place.
Out of curiosity, could you give us some examples of decisions where you perceive Omni let itself be pushed by outside feedback into doing something that it didn't think was the right thing to do? I've read every post on the forums since the first announcement that they would build what turned out to be OmniFocus, and frankly, I don't see it.

My perception is that they have a long list of their own ideas about how their products should develop. They like to hear from us, because they don't think that they are the only ones with good ideas, and it helps keep them pointed in the right direction, but when push comes to shove, they build the stuff they believe in. Our feedback helps them fine tune the decisions about what happens when.