View Single Post
Having seriously been through the mill with futzing around with a zillion mac + web + blackberry solutions - and currently worn out with the whole shebang, (conclusion = Mac and Blackberry = sync misery) I have settled on a master plan of; Omnifocus + iPhone 3.0 + Mac....(will get the new iPhone this summer...)

I have now bought and have started to use OF desktop.

I have stopped using the Mac Mail Leopard ToDo's I used to love... ..and have deleted all those ToDo's on my Blackberry

While I wait for the next gen iPhone I am running a Blackberry curve 8900 (which I have become increasingly disenchanted with...)

So just for task "capture" or 'mind dumping' I want to try to try the email-to-in box method....

I may try to work up the courage to try the iCal ToDo 'task' and OF Context sync.. But I dread that ***ing 'hall of mirrors' duplicate entry nightmare you can get yourself into with syncing applications that dont 100% like to play ball with each other.. So unless I get some positive feedback on Omnifocus @context + iCal + Blackberry I think I may just give that whole can of worms a miss..I don't think I can bear any more data loss / task mayhem in my life..

I think a web version of OF would be nice for users with PC's.. (but don't web apps always struggle to 'hook' fully into 3rd party desktop apps?)

Speaking of hooks I am trying to rally support to get the OF iPhone to take advantage of one of iPhone OS 3.0's potential new hooks here

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=11986

Send in your request too!

P.S The only thing that could lead me off this planned GTD gadget path would be the Palm Pre.. But I doubt an app will emerge for the Pre that can impress as much as OF with its smart phone & Mac integration. An 'all in one' system is vital to me...

P.P.S I am guessing that being Mac only is a business strategy for the Omni group..

Last edited by Casper TFG; 2009-04-26 at 04:19 AM..