Thread: Printing
View Single Post
I just started playing with OmniPlan this week, although I'm familiar with other PM apps (particularly MS Project).

I'm trying to print out a GANTT chart, with the outline, using a date range which amounts to about two months to limit what I'm seeing, and scale it so that I can get it on to a couple of pages to make it easily distributable to the project team and management.

I'm having real problems doing that. I fill in the appropriate fields on the OmniPlan section of the print dialog box but can never seem to get it to scale right.. either the project plan takes up 4 pages or it takes up about 1/4 of one page... but I can't seem to get it "just right" (I feel like Goldilocks)

Also, if I use the "Preview" button to see what it looks like to see if I've got it right, the print dialog is closed when I return to OmniPlan, so that I have to re-enter all my settings and try it again.

In additon, I've noticed that when the GANTT chart goes to the second page (height-wise) that often a task name and the task bar are broken between the two pages... ideally it would be nice if it would do a page break before that task so the text and bar are not split across two pages.

Any suggestions on how to get a good printout?

--Brian