View Single Post
I acknowledge that some people really genuinely think that there should be some type of reminder function in OF. But I would also say that whoever designs this product is well aware of it too. I know that people do it honestly, but re-bringing up the absence of a feature doesn't make the developers any more aware of it; and I think it interferes with the enjoyment of using the forums to help other users better use the product as it is - in fact, to a greater and greater degree as these demands use more and more strident language.

Toadling in particular has been on these forums a long time and has taken a lot of time to help other users. While I know that some of you feel that no one could productively use this software without some kind of reminder thing, I think it would be nice if you would make clear that you had made an effort to solve your problem using the software as it is designed and maybe ask for help on that first before making your demands. (I remember reading Eric Raymond's point about this years and years ago.) Second, if you think that Toadling wasn't sufficiently considerate of your feelings in the way he answered you in the forums it would be nice for you to recognize that your comments were made in, minimally, a strident tone themselves.