View Single Post
Hi Banagor,
Although ultimately the choice of a browser is very much about personal taste, here are some reasons why OW has replaced Safari (with Saft, Pithelmet & safaristand) as my primary browser.

re 1): in Worksapce> Show Worksapces, tick "Auto-save while browsing". That will save your tabs, even if OW crashes (remember, it's still a beta). Saft does not work with OW as far as I can tell, but I don't miss it.

re 2): it comes with features worth my money, IMHO..., such as workspaces (I have one default, one for work stuff, one for shoping): I switch through them with the press of a function key. Another major plus is site-specific settings (Appearance, Ad-blocking, Security, etc.). I find the tabs much cleaner than the Safari pluggins offer. The tabs are clear enough to render shiira's exposé feature redundant.
A few more nice little things at random: drag a url from a web page to the tab drawer, it will load a new tab in the background; shift-select several tabs and re-order them for some nice eye-candy; cut one or more tabs from one workspace and paste them in another; switch through tabs with command-arrow up/down; OW checks all your bookmarks for site updates; right-click a search field and set a short-cut to access it directly (if you use Quicksilver, this feature is bliss), etc. etc. etc. There are a lot more, and I'm still descovering new things just about every day. And yes, it's fast...
Plus, the money goes toward a cool, inovative company!

re 3): I use command-T....

Granted, there is room for improvement, as you can see by reading posts in the forums, but taken together, I think OW is the best and most promising browser I've tried. My 2c.