View Single Post
I'm new to OmniFocus, and right now I'm trying it out to see if it will fit my needs. On the whole I have been able to answer my questions through intuition, experimentation, and the documentation, but now I've run across something that I can't figure out. I'm hoping that someone here can help.

I have many projects that share actions. To give a little more context, I'm a researcher, and I'm often working on related papers at once. While the obvious workaround would be to include the same action ("Read New Article on Quasar Mating Calls") in both projects and check it off twice--however, I think that would easily lead to user errors (assigning the wrong due date, missing the click, deleting it thinking it's a reduplication from a clicked/unclicked repeating action, etc.). Is there a way to include one action in multiple projects?

(I suppose another workaround would be to have both papers be subprojects of a larger project, but that easily turns everything into the master project of Work, which seems to defeat the purpose of having projects at all.)

Or perhaps, with a situation such as the above (and I haven't even mentioned the tasks that are dependent on each other), I should be using a different application?

Thank you in advance.