View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Why do you want the same action to mean two different things? You've got multiple actions here -- sending a request to your colleague, and waiting for a response.

These check marks you propose are not as trivial to properly implement as you suggest. Among the considerations: data file format changes, iPhone support (very limited screen space), support for filtering/grouping/sorting.
How does the action mean two different things...?! If you read p.28 of the Omnifocus handbook - look at the "waiting" example: “get annotated pterodactyl brochure draft back from Dennis”. What is suggested there, is that I create another context (example > create a Waiting : Dennis context) although the context actually still is "Dennis". I'm not changing context so why create another one?! That's just extra work and unproductive. It would be easier to -just like an "on hold" marker- mark it as waiting (!). Otherwise how many unnecessary contexts do I start creating (that would be every calls/people/email context double!!!)

You can't be serious about the multiple actions here... =D Waiting is a state, not a second action. And for sure it isn't a GTD context. If it is please enlighten me, if not, why is the GTD-true Omnifocus treating it like one?

I am no programmer, and I cannot judge whether the implementation is trivial or not. However, doesn't it seem like code just needs to be copied from the "On hold" function and altered slightly (plus the exclamation mark logo design)?