View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This is a pretty slick app, indeed. Thanks!

However, I just wanted to make sure you knew that the "new inbox item" toolbar button is active even while the database is loading. That method of dropping an item into OmniFocus for processing later works pretty well for me.
Thanks Brian.
When I am on location and heavily preoccupied with a task and suddenly I come up with an idea about something unrelated to that task, I want to get it into my Inbox then get back to what I was doing as quickly as possible. Seconds count for me or I will forget the idea or lose momentum in my current task. Unfortunately, in my case, it doesn't take much for "mind like water" to evaporate!
Yes, the "new inbox item" does become active before the entire OF database loads but it still takes much longer than using the MailMe Text app, which loads in a couple of seconds and consumes only as much time as it takes to type the text and hit send. No doubt there are other similar iPhone apps out there. It's just one that I happened to stumble across and it works well for that one simple task. I wanted to share, not as any kind of complaint about the responsiveness of OF iPhone, which is a terrific app, but rather as a supplementary tool for "mind like leaky bucket" types like me.