View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
One relevant variable not mentioned here is the speed of the connection you are getting from your iPhone to MobileMe.

You don't want to manually delete client files from inside the OmniFocus.ofocus bundle unless you know what you are doing. It is normal behavior to have several of them per client -- you'll get a new one each time a client syncs. What you don't want is client files representing clients that are no longer syncing, and those are best removed through the Show Clients display in the Sync preferences in OmniFocus.

There is a known bug in the shipping version of the iPhone app which can cause syncs to take longer than they should. Omni is testing a fix which greatly improves the situation, but they want to be 100% certain that it doesn't introduce any other problems before releasing it for general use. The problem is also present in the desktop application, but less likely to be noticed there because of the much greater performance of the desktop cpus.

In the mean time, turn off auto sync and have the phone do a sync at a time of your choosing, like when you won't immediately need it. You can put the display to sleep with the button at the top and prevent any inadvertent button presses while it syncs in your pocket.
Thanks for your reply.
One odd thing is that it is impossible for me to turn on auto sync, I can turn it on inside the app, but it never syncs by itself, I always have to press the button. If I put it to sleep while it syncs it will 9 out of 10 times tell me that sync timed out when I activate it again.

It makes the sync function quite useless.

I was told by a supporter that there is only supposed to be one .client file per client, I have attached a picture of my .ofocus file to show you how many I have.
Currently there should only be two registered clients as I unregistered them all this morning, however as you see there are 17 in my file??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Billede 13.png
Views:	589
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1173