View Single Post
Okay... well I have some strong suggestions for ya!

The first one is kind of big. I have given the same suggestions to Cul... Cod..

First, make this a true Success Achievement System! I am an executive coach and leadership development guy and I have to say I am so surprised (other than LifeBalance) - no one has come close. You have the tactical down from projects to completion. And David Allen of GTD fame - had his niche that created all this stuff. Yet, the bottom line is - it don't matter how organized you are ... if you are not driving towards a big vision, set of consistent missions in life and business and boiling it down to goals - you will be very happy with how you are managing your projects but not any more successful! Now - I am sure there are people here who have worked around this as have I because GTD is powerful when aligned with your vision and goals.

So you need to figure out a way to establish these links:
Vision for an Area (e.g. business growth, health and vitality, relationships, etc.) > Key Missions within that vision > Goals > projects. Even if you just had a place to write your vision and recalibrate FOLDERS - that might work. At the very least - changing folder colors or being able to add icons to the folder and of course have space for writing goals. Also, adding a perspective that would just look at vision and goals before planning would be AWESOME. Because that is where we all need to be MOST FOCUSED!!!

It would even be great to be able to link a goal to multiple projects because as we know - sometimes a personal goal helps you achieve a business goal and vice versa. But just as with David Allen - you need to understand the philosphy of how the mind works (see Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-Cybernetics - which has been tested many years over GTD and is aligned with GTD). The two systems are very aligned!

I think that would allow for a powerful system. If you or anyone else at Omni wants to talk call me 410-381-9155 (David).

Yes, you can always rework perpectives and make it easier to manuver the program but to make it the most powerful then I would suggest that be a main focus now or in the near future!

Last edited by David4GTD; 2010-01-11 at 09:14 AM..