View Single Post
Hmmm...... certainly interesting food for thought. I've been using OF as more of the Runway (Next Actions) and 10K (Projects) levels for a while now. Just starting to get comfortable and working on my 20K (Areas of Focus & Responsibility) within OF. The upper levels (Goals/Objectives, Vision, Purpose/Principle) seems to require other tools for me like mind-mapping programs.

So I'm not sure how OF would be able to incorporate this without losing the key essence of OF itself. Perhaps add-on modules or another package would be sold that would add to OF? So, if somebody wasn't ready for the higher levels then they wouldn't have to worry about it.

I kinda seeing this going the way of OmniFocus and OmniPlan. You buy OmniFocus to handle your personal Next Actions. Then you buy OmniPlan for more advanced project management needs. There will be a tighter integration between the two packages. For your higher elevations, you might buy something like OmniVision to handle your goals, objectives, etc.

But in the end, @David4GTD, you are correct. OF doesn't seem to have some kind metric system to measure your progress. In another heated discussion about task prioritization, @abates17 talked about loving Life Balance and wishing there was some way to get OF to suggest or nudge you towards achieving your goals (gently reminding you that some projects or tasks haven't been getting done).

It would be nice to be able to see how far along you are in various aspects of your life and see a metric system to see your overall picture.