View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforman View Post
different folders for each user within one shared database might work but agreeing to not edit while someone else is editing is hard to enforce.
You only have to agree not to edit the same project or action -- it's not a case of "you can't do anything for the next half hour while I make some changes", more like "I'm going to make some changes to the XYZ project, please don't edit it until I give the okay" which is still potentially troublesome, I agree.
Quote:
1. a warning when the database file is already open. this is built in to the Mac OS already for file sharing.
A non-starter -- the database where the collision occurs isn't on the Mac and isn't accessed like an ordinary file. Everyone has their own local copy, and submits and receives changes from the central copy hosted on the webDAV server.
Quote:
2. the ability to view, at least, if not edit, an additional database - for example how iCal or Address Book allows you to "add accounts." if this is technically difficult, then the ability to switch to another database easily would be better than nothing.
You can view and edit multiple databases right now, although I'm not sure I see how this helps. You can open another database by simply double-clicking on the file. What you can't do is sync another database, so far as I know.