View Single Post
I'm among those who are glad to hear that the behavior of groups/projects in context mode will be changed before 1.8 goes final.

In the discussion, I've especially appreciated the suggestions from Curt and jdh. As I read through the thread today, I wondered if maybe the best solution would be to have a combination of the two - jdh's solution, but also (optionally?) a parents bin at the top.

And then Curt said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I think jdh's proposal has merit, especially if the context for parents could be set to default to something like "Review" (or whatever the user chose). That default would essentially replace the Parent bin that I suggested.
Alright... that seems good... maybe. But suppose someone manually sets a parent's context to something other than the default - and it turns out not to be the one that is most intuitive or useful when all of the children are complete? Isn't the parent then at risk of "falling through the cracks"?

In other words: Some users may want certain parents to show up in a particular context when the children are complete - if they tend to plow through a perspective which shows a single context. Misjudging what context should be applied may result in a stalled project, and some difficulty in tracking down the culprit. A hard-wired parents bin (which displays and counts parents according to the applied filters) would help here.

Am I off-base? Or missing something?