View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
My biggest argument against this is... I don't want all my personal information on someone else's server where they can browse my life, my ideas, my plans at their whim.
i can understand your concern, but i dont get what your saying. if your 'syncing' at all or using any "cloud computing" environment, then its already on someone else's server and available to them anyway, but then again so is just about all your other personal information: email, insurance, medical, banking, tax info, facebook, flickr, google docs etc. you might as well shoot yourself now if thats your concern or go back to a pad and pencil on a desert island and eat the notes when your done with them. how is this any different? do you sync OF?

evernote's info is just as secure as any other data, and the premium accounts have increased security. furthermore, if your worried about sensitive data you can always encrypt it within the app before you sync so that it can only be read on your own machine. if you use it 'religiously' i dont see what you could be hesitant about... and there are other syncing note applications.

...just eat the worm.

-from an evernote security doc as old as 2008:
"When you add a note to the service, it is secured like your email would be at a high-end email provider. This means that your notes are stored in a private, locked cage at a guarded data center that can only be accessed by a small number of Evernote operations personnel. Administrative maintenance on these servers can only be performed through secure, encrypted communications by the same set of people. All network access to these servers is similarly protected by a set of firewalls and hardened servers. Your login information is only transmitted to the servers in encrypted form over SSL, and your passwords are not directly stored on any of our systems.'