View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
Likewise, a "reset built-in perspectives" option somewhere in the settings could be useful to not only revert to the default names but also the initial perspective settings.
That's available now, to reset the initial perspective settings. Open the Perspective window and click on the gear icon at the bottom of the window. I would prefer that the names be editable also, with the reset function also renaming them to the default.

Quote:
In fact, if we're going to be forced to use the default names then you might as well go all the way and lock down the built-in perspectives completely. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be able to fully customize the actual perspective settings since there would be a limited number of options that would still match the name (for example, I could change the "Projects" perspective to show a Context display, but that makes little sense if I'm still forced to call it "Projects").
That's about the only change that would not make sense-the other options to restore focus, open in a new window, etc. still have value and should be user-defined. There's also value in changing a context perspective (such as 'Completed') to a project perspective should the user not want to see that perspective on the iPhone.