View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Can you explain what you mean here? Did you mean Mac app? iPhones and iPod Touches both run the same app, so I'm a little confused.

We try to make startups as fast as we can, but the processors in desktop Macs are close to 1000 times faster than the ones in iOS devices, so there are some limits to what we can do. In my experience, we can almost always help improve things if you let us lend a hand.

Also, are you aware of the Quick Entry button being active during app launch? We made sure that was there to enable quick capture while the rest of the app got things rolling.

Yann - what OS version are you running on your iPhone? Because if you've updated your 3G to iOS 4, then I bet that is the culprit. My phone slowed to a crawl, particularly on startup of apps. My OF startup slowed down significantly. And while I don't remember how it affected OF compared to other apps, I do know that some apps were worse than others. Searching MacRumors forums will reveal this is a common problem with OS4 on iPhone 3G.

Contrast to my colleagues iPhone 3GS - OF starts up fast. And on my new iphone 4 - OF starts up REALLY fast.