View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnj View Post
EndoftheQ, could you say a little more about how you use this with Omnifocus? I took a quick look at the description of PasteBot, but I don't quite see how it works with OF. I've never used it though, so I'd be interested in hearing about your workflow. Thanks in advance.
My pleasure, elnj.

I'm assuming you have a Mac and are using the Omni Mail rule.

It currently isn't possible to forward an email received on your iPhone or iPad to your Mail account for processing by the Omni Mail rule because Mail adds formatting to forwarded text (see 1st image) which the rule cannot handle (I'm unsure whether this is a limitation of Omni's rule or a restriction within OSX).

By copying & pasting into PasteBot, all such formatting is removed (see 2nd image). The App also has a large number of filters and options that can be applied to text and images that have been copied into it.

Forwarding from PasteBot gives you a plain text message which the Omni Mail rule accepts (see 3rd image).

PasteBot is, for me, one of those "OMG!" Apps especially if you are running a wifi network that both your iDevices and your Mac share. It opens up a realm of possibilities (in conjunction with OmniFocus and practically every other program) outside of the example above that you have to experience to even begin to appreciate this App's worth. I'd suggest risking a few bucks on it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you decide to give it a try, let me know how you get on!

Hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB01.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	1511   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB02.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1512   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB03.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1513  

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-02 at 04:15 AM..